Answered By: Gina Bolger Last Updated: Dec 05, 2016 Views: 10314
In Microsoft Word 2010:
- On the Insert menu, click on Header (within the Header & Footer box).
- Select Edit Header from the dropdown menu.
- In the Design menu, click the box that says Different First Page.
- In the First Page Header box at the top of page 1, type Running head: and then your abbreviated title.
- Go to page 2 of your document and only type your abbreviated title.
- On page 1, Running head will remain in your first page header, and only your abbreviated title will appear on subsequent pages.
In Microsoft Word 2007:
For page numbers:
After inserting the left-hand portion of the header, tab to the right side (the Header style includes a right-aligned tab stop at the right margin) and click the Page Number button and choose Current Position (*not* any of the other choices) and then the page number entry.